Project co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union.
Project partners: SAB Switzerland (www.sab.ch), RoMontana (www.romontana.org), Open Fields Foundation (www.openfields.ro), “Ștefan cel Mare” University of Suceava (www.usv.ro) and “Nostra Silva” – Federation of Forest and Pasture Owners from Romania (www.nostrasilva.ro)
Total budget: 478.072 CHF
Implementation period: 2014 – 2017
Project’s goal: Contributions for an integrated and sustainable forest management in Romania by strengthening the capacity of the forest owners’ associations.
Outcome 1: Participating Forest Owners Associations in the project area manage their forest in a sustainable manner.
Outcome 2: “Nostra Silva” – the Federation of Forests and Pastures Owners from Romania has developed into a core player to advocate for the interests of its members.
Outcome 3: PEFC and/or FSC Certification for small, non-industrial private forests is established in the pilot region.
Some of the project results:
- Preliminary analysis of the forest owners’ associations from Suceava County (English);
- Report on the selection of five pilot associations of forest owners from Suceava County to be supported by the project (English);
- In depth analysis of five forest owners associations selected from Suceava county (Romanian);
- In depth analysis of five forest owners associations selected from Suceava county (English);
- Leaflet: Internal communication – Increasing transparency in the decision-making process meant to improve the internal democracy within each association of forest owners (Romanian);
- Brochure: Guidelines for implementing creating the implementing Development Plans at the level of Forest Owners Associations” (Romanian);
- Brochure: “PEFC – Forest certification Explained” (Romanian).